Saturday, April 18, 2009

Teacher Appreciation Week



So let me just say, if you don't intend on ever helping with any room mother functions ever, DON'T Sign up at the beginning of the year!!! ok now with that out of my system, I will tell you about Teacher Appreciation Week. Last August I got to school registration, I thought that It would be cool to be a room mother and help in Emily’s class, so when I got there, all the holidays were taken, so being a new school mom and never having done this before I signed up to help with teacher appreciation, which I thought, “Ok, I can help with that in April how hard could it be?”. So now that we are in April, Teacher Appreciation Week is upon us. I get this call last week from the room mother that is in charge of the whole week for all the teachers, she asks me if I would head this up for Mrs. Rasband’s a.m. class and gives me two names and numbers for other mothers that have signed up. Well I called, and one was short and rude with me and told me she would call back, the other number was bad so I looked in the school directory, called that number and left a message. So here I was with a sick kid (oh did I mention late Sunday we were at Primary’s with Zachary? that a whole other story.) I can't even keep my eyes open and now I have to make a door decoration for Mrs.Rasband's door and worry about the whole week, think about appreciation gifts to thank her with, collecting money from each kid in the class to get those gifts, and the help that I was given is no help at all. Then on Thursday, 4 days later, when the door decoration is almost done because I went and got the paper and did it at home, the rude mother calls back finally and tells me what she has going on and that she can't possibly help. Yea I was IRKED!!! Well after a lot of talking to my lifeline Krystal, and neighbor Rena I took a breath and got everything situated for next week. Yesterday I took the door decoration to put it on the door. It turned out so good. Now I just have to get through next week. Here are the pictures of the door and one of the gifts I am giving Mrs. Rasband. I love to give cute gifts and make things special for her because she has been just the right teacher that Emily needs. I just wish other Parents cared as much as I do. So moral of the story, if you don’t intent to help, don’t sign up just to save face. Enjoy the pictures!

2 comments:

  1. That Door is so darling! Monday starts teacher appreciation week here, except we have a theme to follow (pics on my blog to come later) Anyway, talk about stressful. And what a cute present you made... GOOD JOB! Thankfully we don't have to worry about that, the PTO purchases all the presents for all the teachers so no one is left out. One less thing for me! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so stealing this idea this year... thanks for being so smart!

    ReplyDelete